Do you think our server rules are good enough?

• The Meaty Boys

I spent 70% of my time playing on TLR server.Through time i realised that our server is way better than others in terms of rules and that's what random players tell me everyday that they are having a lot of fun on our server and it's kinda special . We don't have locked squads like "other" servers or require APC's to be 2 manned all the time (i did suggest this before but then i realised it's not a good idea)
    But have you ever realised that we have good concerete rules ? I'm not speaking about the simple rules stated above.
    We started a discussion yesterday after someone started placing mines near the enemy main and we realised simple things like adding or reducing 50 meters for the mine range can lead to a long discussion so I just posted this thread over here to give your opinions.
    What should I do if I'm the only admin on the server and someone complained about being teamkilled which i clearly noticed in the console but the other guy says it was a missclick? Well you can't give all the admins an admin cam so what should you do in that situation?
    What should i do if someone is glitching and i can't admin cam him?
    I am not insisting on the admin thing but i need to know how admins can relate to actions like this and what can we do about mines and childish people and other stuff?
    Do you think these details can be passed along or we have to edit them precisely? I am not the one putting the rules here but since the other guys thought that this should be discussed let's all have a chit chat over here and think about this.
    We had 80 players on 3 AM on the 21st of September and I can say that was a great achievement compared to the other big servers and we also have a lot of loyal non-TLR members who help us seed all day and ensure fairplay on TLR server.Editing the rules can lead to chaos or complains from the public players but i think we SHOULD have a look !

• The Meaty Boys

We(founders and me) are going to have a discussion about this in the next couple of days.. And I do agree with a lot you're saying. The difficult thing is like always : you can't satisfy everyone.

• Administrator

Founders are watching this thread, interested to see everybody's opinions :)
    I do know that one of the things we agreed on was that there is a certain amount of Admin Discretion, for example the discretion of when you have too many "misclicks" - some will warn after 2 and kick on the third and others will leave it until the autokick does the job. From what I gathered last night, you guys seem to prefer concrete numbers so if two admins agree they can simply check the specified numbers etc.

Would you guys agree that this is the case? Alot of things fall down to not having a concrete backup to fall back to? If so we can certainly get some proper documentation made for admins to follow :)

Is there any other things like what you mentioned that people want specifically addressing? Next monthly meeting in in roughly 2 weeks but im sure we can have one sooner for this stuff.

Only thing I ask, please remember it's impossible for us to please everyone, so although we'll take all opinions into account, you might not fully agree with what we come back with, others however might agree entirely, no way we can please everybody when it comes to rules and admin practices. As long as everybody is aware and accepts that, im sure we can carry on with our good server identity and reputation, which after all has been gained form our amazing admins and players.

(I've moved this thread to Feedback but otherwise great post mate.)

• Global Moderator

I believe it all comes down to common sense and judgment. someone complains about a TK - might have been an accident might not. so you give a warning, you use the broadcast to show their is an admin online - you would be surprised just the fact that people who tend to teamkill are suddenly aware that there is an admin online who will enforce rules and they tend to stop. if you see that the issue continues and he appears on the TK log more time than is reasonable you kick him.

• The Meaty Boys

@sirgravzy said in Do you think our server rules are good enough?:

Founders are watching this thread, interested to see everybody's opinions :)
    I do know that one of the things we agreed on was that there is a certain amount of Admin Discretion, for example the discretion of when you have too many "misclicks" - some will warn after 2 and kick on the third and others will leave it until the autokick does the job. From what I gathered last night, you guys seem to prefer concrete numbers so if two admins agree they can simply check the specified numbers etc.

Would you guys agree that this is the case? Alot of things fall down to not having a concrete backup to fall back to? If so we can certainly get some proper documentation made for admins to follow :)

Is there any other things like what you mentioned that people want specifically addressing? Next monthly meeting in in roughly 2 weeks but im sure we can have one sooner for this stuff.

Only thing I ask, please remember it's impossible for us to please everyone, so although we'll take all opinions into account, you might not fully agree with what we come back with, others however might agree entirely, no way we can please everybody when it comes to rules and admin practices. As long as everybody is aware and accepts that, im sure we can carry on with our good server identity and reputation, which after all has been gained form our amazing admins and players.

(I've moved this thread to Feedback but otherwise great post mate.)

As i told you gravzy i didnt want to discuss this on discord because it will take a lot of time and people won't agree so yes we can't guarantee everyone is satisfied.

• https://squad.gamepedia.com/Server_licensing

I think the licenses give us clear room for interpretation here...

Provide a positive environment for new players to learn the game and play with more experienced players.

and...

This is the main reason why we have created “guidelines than actual rules” as we wish to convey the spirit and culture here

... mining directly outside US main is arguably creating a negative "environment for new players to learn the game" that is not normal gameplay . Ego, those people creating a negative environment should be told stop. If they continue be toxic after being warned repeatedly, then the admin should feel free to kick them (say an hour).

If a Super admins then wants to look though all reports they can make a decision to ban for longer period.

• TLR Members

@chubbyboy "mining directly outside US main is arguably creating a negative "environment for new players to learn the game" that is not normal gameplay ." In my personal opinion it is normal gameplay. It's just being smart, which shouldn't be punished. However your point of it creating a negative learning environment is a pretty strong one, so on that basis mining outside US man would be something to 'punish' people for. Just my two cents.

Looks like your connection to TLRGaming was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.